Using ScreenCastify

Using ScreenCastify

In terms of starting your blended learning experience, there is no greater tool than Screencastify.  To be clear, I used the free version for about two weeks before I bought the $24 full version.  In terms of ease of use, you can't beat it.  Well, the Editor is Beta, and I have had problems there. But if the editor isn't needed, Screencastify is the easy way to share commentary with anyone.  (When I know I am going to be editing, I prefer Camtasia.)
So how do you do it?  Well, it is easy enough that I think you just get a Screencastify account and play around.  There is a chrome extension that is part of why this is the go-to for quicky videos to students. 

Once you have installed the extension and logged in on your account, the videos will save to a Screencastify folder in your drive.  From there, you add the link to anywhere you want to send your video.  I'm not an expert, so I'm going to have to turn you over to the experts at this point:
  • Screencastify Mastercaster Course is taught by Matt Miller.  This is considered a basics course, and it primarily teaches you how to use Screencastify. There are TONS of tidbits and tips, so the course is worth the time even if you aren't going to take the assessment and earn the certification. 
  • Screencastify Genius Course is taught by Alice Keeler.  This course is less about how to use Screencastify and more about all of the possibilities of using Screencastify with students -- from planning to feedback to reflection.  She also brings in a few different Google Suite elements, so that's a great help if you have access to Google Suite.
  

Comments