Creative Google Classroom Headers


I constantly try to add a custom image to my Google Classroom header -- only to have the pop-up that my image doesn't work.  In playing around, I think I have FINALLY found the way to make it happen, and I'm going to share that process with you.

First, I used Google Draw.  If I added the correct link, you should be forced to copy a template that is set up for you.  Templates are great, but you should know how to do this too.

To make the file size right, select FILE and PAGE SETUP. When the new option box appears, you simply change the size to your desired measurements.  According to my frequent error message, the image needs to be "at least 800 pixels by 200 pixels".  To make the change, click STANDARD and select CUSTOM.  Change from INCHES to PIXELS, and set it to 800x200.

Next, add a background, clip art, text boxes, or anything else you wish.  When you're finished creating, simply download the file as an image.  I use .png files successfully.

Need more help? Here's a video tutorial!




Here's another example:

UPDATE: I had a few emails asking about the image I added, so I wanted to let you in on a little secret. If you don't Bitmoji, you should!  Create yours and add it to your chrome browser here.


Who am I?









Comments