Google Draw for Classroom Achievement Badges

Classroom Achievement Badges

One way I'm going to encourage my students this year is through the use of Achievement Badges.  You might have seen these on an email you received -- or maybe you have earned one yourself.  Either way, I find students are excited about unlocking an achievement, and I want to incorporate this as much as possible.

To create a badge, you need an achievement idea, images to align with the task or skills required, and a little bit of awareness on using Google Draw.

In Google Draw, start by giving your file a name. This makes it easy to find if you accidentally close the tab or the power goes out.  Next, go to page set up and select custom, changing to 200 x 200 pixels.  The workspace you have is large, but it is easier to go from a larger image to a smaller image than from a smaller image to a larger one.  At this point, you're good to go with creating your badge. 

I start by inserting a background shape -- generally a circle -- and layering it to create the desired look.  Next, I'm ready to start layering the parts of the badge by inserting images and the text to describe the badge. Bonus points? Let your students see you using Bitmoji!

Once you have created the desired look, you want to save the file as a .png image. This makes it super easy to share with your students.

Questions? Feel free to let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Just in case, I've created a video to help you create your badges.  


NOTE: You do want to be mindful of the images you are using, specifically paying attention to the copyright information.


Who am I?




Comments