Creating Instruction with EdPuzzle

Creating Instruction with EdPuzzle

   This week, I missed a Saturday post because we went off the grid to celebrate my son's 12th birthday. I think great fun was had by all, and now he is sad we are back to the regularly scheduled programming.  

    Even while entertaining four middle school boys, I couldn't turn my brain away from a PD I'm building.  I used Google Slides to create the presentation, and then I used Explain Everything to create the video on my iPad.  From there, I wanted to directly input the video in EdPuzzle to make the video interactive.  That's where this week's EdTech tip comes in: EdPuzzle.



   If you don't have an EdPuzzle account yet, you should get one now.  To create a lesson, you simply follow the steps.  I have a tutorial video, but here is the basic process:

  1. Create your lesson by adding the video you have selected for instruction. You may link to a YouTube video or you can upload your own.  In my tutorial, I uploaded my own.
  2. View the video and add interactions as desired.  In my tutorial video, I added from the QUIZZES option.
  3. If you want to add AUDIO NOTES, that will pause the video for you to say what you need to say during instruction.
  4. If you want to add VOICEOVER, you have to be prepared to audio over the entire clip.  At first I found this annoying, but imagine how hard it would be to focus if I'm talking over someone else.  I don't think I have ever used this option.  I prefer AUDIO NOTES.
  5. Once you have added everything you planned, select FINISH on the top right.  You will be prompted to share it in some way -- direct to Google Classroom or by using a public link.  
   And that's all there is to it. In case you are interested, You may visit the Edpuzzle Instructional Video here. If you have any questions, please reach out and I'll help in any way I can. I would really like to encourage you to try EdPuzzle, and they have created a few helpful training certifications for you:

Need a video tutorial?



Who am I?

   


Comments